Golf Car Policies Highlights:
We continue to monitor our guests’ comments and contemplate ways to improve their experience at Ocean Lakes. Sadly, the biggest complaint we continue to receive is NOT about our campground or service, but about the behavior of other guests. Consistently, we are receiving complaints about three issues where the few impact the many. Please remember “young eyes” are watching and listening. Many guests have heralded the policy modifications that we have implemented during the last few years and we have seen guest behavior, and thus guest experiences, improve. We appreciate and value your feedback and hope you have a great vacation.
Watch our helpful video. We want to emphasize that QUIET HOURS are 11 PM to 7 AM.
Cruising on golf cars during quiet hours will not be allowed and violators could be subject to a $100 fine.* Understand that we are not out to harass guests utilizing necessary facilities, such as the bathhouses or Soapy Suds, etc. We are targeting guests “cruising” around the campground, generally making noise or looking for trouble (coolers, bikes, alcohol, unlocked vehicles, etc.).
Loud music, language, noise will not be tolerated. We have received numerous complaints about golf cars blaring loud, sometimes lewd, music. Some of our guests enjoy the “volume control game” forced on our Security teammates, however, we have all heard enough. Any guest playing music too loud for the rest of us may be subject to a $100 fine.*
We understand that our guests are on vacation and want to relax with family and friends and enjoy themselves. That may include an adult beverage and that is permitted at their site. However, open containers of alcohol are not permitted on vehicles (that includes golf cars) for it is against South Carolina state law. It is true, we are private property, and we choose to uphold the state laws. Any guest caught with an open container may be subject to a $100 fine.*
* Once again, we understand some guests will not agree with our policies, but they most likely do not share our perspective, the liability, and the lack of respect our team (and many guests) have witnessed. Our ultimate objective is to make Ocean Lakes the most safe and enjoyable family-oriented vacation destination that we can be.
Golf Car Policies for Everyone:
Violations of these policies may result in a $100 fine.*
Driver must be at least 16 years old and have a VALID driver’s license in their possession to operate a golf car in Ocean Lakes (also the S.C. State Law). You must be 21 years old to sign a rental contract.
- Privately owned golf cars must be registered and have a valid registration sticker attached to the driver’s side of the front of the car. Proof of proper liability insurance must be shown with a minimum of $50,000 coverage in Personal Injury and Property Damage held on the golf car. Be aware of South Carolina driving laws on public roads. There is a $35 charge for required Ocean Lakes stickers.
- NO gas powered or motorized golf cars are permitted.
- Golf cars operating after sunset must have the light(s) turned on. Lights must be permanently attached and at least four inches in diameter.
- Flags on golf cars are not to exceed 24″ x 24″. No whip antennas or extended postmounted flags are permitted.
- A maximum of 5 people can be on a golf car at any given time; a maximum of 8 people for a limo car.
- Cruising on golf cars during quiet hours (11PM-7AM) is not permitted.
- Please keep the volume level on radios, stereos, or other audio devices low so others are not disturbed. Vulgar or lewd lyrics will not be tolerated.
- No open containers of alcoholic beverages are allowed on golf cars.
- Annual Lease Holders and transient campsite car owners are responsible for the operation of the golf car including any damages that result from operation.
- Annual Lease Holders must have 3″ reflective site numbers on the front and back of their golf cars.
- Golf cars must be operated properly and driven only on roadways. Golf cars are not to be driven across vacant or occupied campsites, the beach, or in other restricted areas.
- Rental golf cars cannot be driven off Ocean Lakes’ property.
- Under NO circumstances can golf cars be rented to other sites or other guests as a separate transaction.
REMEMBER TO REGISTER PRIVATELY OWNED ELECTRIC GOLF CARS AT THE GOLF CAR BUILDING
> Please review our website.
Golf Car Penalties:
Privately owned campsite guests’ golf car:
- First Offense of underage or reckless driving: $100 fine will be levied and must be paid immediately at the Main Office.
Annual Lease Holder Golf Cars:
- First Offense of underage or reckless driving: $100 fine will be levied against that site and documentation recorded in the site’s line file.
Rental golf car:
- First Offense of underage or reckless driving: $100 fine will be levied and the car is immediately taken away from the person to whom it was rented. A possible loss of privilege to rent or operate a golf car by any guest on the same site during that visit may result. Fines to be paid at Golf Car Rental Office.
All Second Violations
All Second violations of a policy will result in the loss of privilege to operate a golf car in the campground. The golf car must be placed back on the camping guest’s trailer or into the golf car storage area. Annual Lease Holder’s golf cars must be removed from the property or placed into the golf car storage area and loss of privilege for one year.