Free Wi-Fi for ALL Guests |
Visit the Wireless Zones located in the Camptown Center, the Recreation Center, Sandy Harbor Cafe, and Sandy Harbor Water Park. This Complimentary Wi-Fi does not require the guest to log in. Simply go to Wi-Fi Settings, then search for the Network called “Starfish.”
Rental Guests | Wi-Fi is provided (or not) by homeowner
Annual lease sites may or may not include Wi-Fi depending on each Annual Lease Site holder’s internet contract with Spectrum. Ocean Lakes Properties can assist in identifying their rental sites with Wi-Fi.
Campsite Guests | See directions below…
Wi-Fi is complimentary at our 859 campsites with options to upgrade service to Wi-Fi Plus and Wi-Fi Premium. Simply go to Wi-Fi Settings, then search for the Network called “CampsiteWi-Fi.” (For detailed directions for guests staying at a campsite, scroll down or read the blog.) Learn more on our detailed blog with video. To upgrade Wi-Fi tiers, see the info below.
Connecting to Wi-Fi | Which access point to use
- Open your wireless utility.
- Find the access point with the strongest signal, examples:
Free Wireless Zones connect to “Starfish”
Campsite guests will connect to “Campsite”
- Click on the access point to connect.
Wi-Fi Challenges | What you need to know
Signal strength can be affected by the construction material of your RV, inclement weather, trees and nearby structures. Internet speeds can vary due to the number of guests connected to the wireless network and the amount of data they are using. Streaming movies (especially HD), gaming, and music greatly impact the Wi-Fi experience for all guests. Learn more in this “Minute with Mallory” video.
Tip: Consider purchasing a Wi-Fi extender or booster to improve your signal reception while traveling in your RV.
Troubleshooting Guest Wi-Fi |
- Reboot your device.
- Connect to the access point with the strongest signal.
- If you are still experiencing problems, call Ocean Lakes Wireless Support [Creative Consultants] at (843) 438-1694.
- Please leave a detailed message including:
- Your name
- Your telephone number
- State that you are a guest at OLFC
- Your campsite number
- The Campsite access point you are connecting to [CampsiteWi-Fi]
- The issue you are experiencing.
A technician will return your call as soon as possible between the hours of 7 AM – 11 PM.
(Please note: this will start a case number certificate to assist us on tracking issues.)
Things to know about Speed and Signal strength:
Internet speeds can vary due to the number of guests connected to the wireless network and the amount of data they are using. Please be mindful of others by monitoring your family’s use. Streaming movies (especially HD), gaming and music greatly impact the Wi-Fi experience for all guests. Signal strength can be affected by the construction materials of your RV, inclement weather, trees and nearby structures.
View our video Minute with Mallory: “Wi-Fi Challenges & Tips” linked from OceanLakes.com > Services > Wi-Fi or on Ocean Lakes’ YouTube Channel under the Videos tab.
Campsite Guests | About your Password
- When a campsite reservation is made, the system automatically assigns a User Name (reservation number) and Password (the last name on the reservation – the first letter is Capitalized).
- Campsite guests should receive an email on the day of check-in with their User Name and Password.
- Each campsite allows 8 devices to log in. More than 8 devices? If one device logs off, another device can log on with U/PW.
- Campsite Passwords become effective between 11 AM and Noon on the day of guest arrival.
- Campsite Passwords expire at 11 AM on the day of departure (check-out time).
- Moving campsites during your stay? Your reservation number should stay the same even if you are moving site to site.
Campsite Guests | What to do when you arrive on site
- Go to your device Settings > Wi-Fi
- Select the Network > choose “Campsite”
- You will be prompted for the User Name and Password.
User Name: Reservation Number
Password: Last name (First Letter is Capitalized)
Smart TV, Roku, Game Consoles | MAC address (see screen image below)
Devices not capable of logging in to access the internet (such as game consoles and Roku or Smart TV devices) can be authorized to use the internet without logging in. Enter the MAC Address for the device in the Wi-Fi Guest Portal using your site User Name and Password. Simply enter the MAC address in the field provided. It will automatically be assigned to guest account 8 (Reservation Number-8) and will honor any upgrades associated with the 8th user account.
UPGRADING Campsite Wi-Fi | Campsite Guests
Once you have logged into the campsite sections’ Wi-Fi, you have the option to upgrade your Wi-Fi service (per device/user):
- Wi-Fi Plus – should allow for single HD stream/faster gaming – $5.99 per day unlimited devices (24-hour period).
- Wi-Fi Premium – features the fastest data speeds/multiple HD streams/faster gaming – $9.99 per day unlimited devices (24-hour period).
(Wi-Fi Upgrades can be purchased in 1-day or 7-day intervals on a per individual device login basis. Upgrades are non-refundable.)
NOTE: Wi-Fi service will expire at 11 AM on the day of departure. Wi-Fi upgrades only work on “Campsite” access points, they will not carry over to the “Starfish” access points.
Signal Strength VS. Data Speed
An upgrade does not impact signal strength; the upgrade should IMPACT data speed. Several factors impact your device’s Wi-Fi reception; upgrading tiers will NOT provide better reception.