Ocean Lakes’ Annual Picture This! Calendar Photo Contest
For years, we have utilized photos of our campground guests (not professional models) in our marketing materials. Many guests get a kick out of seeing themselves and their loved ones in the materials we distribute. We do too! We’ve heard that featuring real guests means so much more to those who receive our materials because the genuine affection that our guests have for Ocean Lakes shines through!
So, we began thinking, that since our guests love to be in the photos, why not let them take the photos? Let’s have a contest! Winning photos will be published in our 28-page calendar that debuts in November each year. The photos must have been taken at Ocean Lakes and should be about one of these themes: nature, events or activities, family fun, or pets.
This contest is open to all Ocean Lakes’ guests and teammates. Contestants can submit up to five photos by the annual deadline in September, must be 18 years of age (or with parent/guardian signed permission), hold the copyright to the photo(s) submitted, and sign a photo release. We will only accept high-resolution digital photos (350 dpi) for print. Please see all the contest policies below.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for photos that fit into the following themes:
Nature, events or activities, family fun or pets
We want to create a calendar that embodies what Ocean Lakes Family Campground is all about – “Creating Family Memories that Last a Lifetime.” We don’t however, just want generic family vacation photos that could have been taken anywhere. We are looking for that special shot, that shot that shows what a vacation at Ocean Lakes is all about.
Who can enter:
This contest is open to any of our loyal guests or teammates of any age. Any entrant under the age of 18 requires signed parental/legal guardian consent (see “Artist Release” below). All photos must be original pieces by the entrant and be taken at Ocean Lakes Family Campground.
How to enter:
1. Read the Official Contest Rules and Regulations below first.
All photos must be submitted either electronically to email@example.com or submitted by snail mail to:
Ocean Lakes Marketing Department
6001 South Kings Hwy
Myrtle Beach, SC 29575
2. Entrants are limited to 5 photos.
3. All entries must be digital files (no prints) of at least 350 dpi in order to be accepted.
4. Photos must be submitted in .jpg or .tiff format
5. Digital file name must include the entrant’s last name.
6. Please keep in mind that all photos sent by snail mail will not be returned to the contestant and must be labeled with the entrants name on the back.
7. All photos must be accompanied by an official entry form and meet the digital requirements. (Download the PDF and complete the necessary forms then send them back as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org). Call (843) 828-4832 with any questions.