Campsite Internet Access
Wi-Fi is complimentary at your campsite! Free Wi-Fi at the Wireless Zone located in the Camptown Center and at Sandy Harbor Cafe. If you are renting an annual lease site they may or may not offer wi-fi depending on the site holder’s arrangement with Time Warner for cable service.
Connecting to Wi-Fi @ Campsites & Wireless Zones
Our Wi-Fi service was upgraded in January 2017 to help accommodate our guests’ rapidly growing data consumption.
- Open your wireless utility.
- Find the access point with strongest signal (example: Starfish_2).
- Click on the access point to connect.
- If you experience issues with this access point:
- Go back to your wireless utility.
- Find the Starfish access point with the next best signal.
- Click on it to connect.
Things to know:
Internet speeds can vary due to the number of guests connected to the wireless network and the amount of data they are using. Please be mindful of others by monitoring your family’s use. Streaming movies (especially HD), gaming and music greatly impact the Wi-Fi experience for all guests. Signal strength can be affected by the construction materials of your RV, inclement weather, trees and nearby structures.
Troubleshooting Ocean Lakes Guest Wireless
- Reboot your device.
- Connect to the access point with the strongest signal.
- If you are still experiencing problems, call Ocean Lakes Wireless Support @ (843) 438-1694.
Please leave a detailed message including:
- Your name
- Your telephone number
- Tell them you are staying at Ocean Lakes Family Campground
- Your campsite number
- The Starfish access point you are connecting to (the Starfish_number)
- The issue you are experiencing
A technician will return your call as soon as possible between the hours of 7 am – 11 pm.
(Please note: this will start a case number certificate to assist us on tracking issues.)
If you are not traveling with a computer you can still access the internet from 2 public libraries (each within 2 miles from Ocean Lakes).
- Surfside Library – 410 Surfside Dr, 843-238-0122
- Socastee Library – 141 – 707 Connector Rd, 843-215-4700
More library info here: Horry County Libraries
We are modem friendly! You may access the internet directly from your campsite by attaching a phone line into the hook-up box on your site. Try your local access number, your 800 number or you can use your credit card number. Maybe you are camping with us right now!