2016 General Park Policies & Modifications
We continue to monitor our guests’ comments and contemplate ways to improve their experience at Ocean Lakes. Many guests have heralded the policy modifications that we have implemented during the last few years and we have seen guest behavior, and thus guest experiences, improve. We appreciate and value everyone’s feedback. Consistently, we are receiving complaints about three issues where the few impact the many.
We had to alter the way we address these issues by revising our current policies and the consequences of disregarding these policies. Most of our guests will not be worried about the following changes because they already abide by our policies.
We continue to monitor our guests’ comments and contemplate ways to improve their experience at Ocean Lakes. Many guests have heralded the policy modifications that we have implemented during the last few years and we have seen guest behavior, and thus guest experiences, improve. We appreciate and value your feedback. Consistently, we are receiving complaints about three issues where the few impact the many.
Please note you will be charged $100 after you are warned once for the following violations:
- Loud, lewd or vulgar music on golf cars, while walking or at your site.
- Open containers on your golf car, or in your possession off your site.
- “Cruising” during Quiet Hours (11 PM – 7 AM) with no legitimate destination.
No Warnings for taking rental cars off property! No Warnings for underage or reckless driving!
- Drones are not permitted in the park for privacy and safety reasons.
- Flags must fit into a 2ft. x 2ft. size. They must not impede the vision of the driver.
- Aftermarket lighting is permitted on golf cars as long as it does not blink, pattern flash or strobe. The lights should NOT resemble emergency lighting.
We want to emphasize that QUIET HOURS are 11 PM to 7 AM.
Cruising on golf cars during quiet hours will not be allowed and violators could be subject to a $100 fine. Understand that we are not out to harass guests utilizing necessary facilities, such as the bathhouses or Soapy Suds, etc. We are targeting guests “cruising” around the campground, generally making noise or looking for trouble (coolers, bikes, alcohol, unlocked vehicles, etc.).
Loud music, lewd language, noise will not be tolerated. We have received numerous complaints about golf cars blaring loud, sometimes lewd, music.
Some of our guests enjoy the “volume control game” forced on our Security teammates, however, we have all heard enough. Any guest playing music too loud for the rest of us may be subject to a $100 fine.
We understand that our guests are on vacation and want to relax with family and friends and enjoy themselves. That may include an adult beverage and that is permitted at their site. However, open containers of alcohol are not permitted on vehicles (that includes golf cars) for it is against South Carolina state law. It is true, we are private property, and we choose to uphold the state laws. Any guest caught with an open container may be subject to a $100 fine.
Once again, we understand some guests will not agree with our policies, but they most likely do not share our perspective, the liability, and the lack of respect our team (and many guests) have witnessed. Our ultimate objective is to make Ocean Lakes the most safe and enjoyable family-oriented vacation destination that we can be.
Park Policies & Information
- Quiet hours: 11PM to 7AM
- 10 M.P.H. speed limit throughout the campground – strictly enforced.
- No motorcycles and no 2 and 3 wheeled gas operated vehicles inside the campground under power. No motorcycle “Coasting” to site past unauthorized areas. Gas golf cars are not allowed.
- Electric scooters and mopeds are permitted (see page 14). Riders must obey all traffic rules.
- Cruising on golf cars during quiet hours is not permitted and subject to a $100 fine.
- All bicycles and golf cars operated after dark must have light(s) turned on.
- All visitors must register at the Main Office before entering the campground.
- All visitor passes are $8.00 per day per vehicle.
- A parking permit is required inside Ocean Lakes. If you park in the overflow parking lot, a permit is still needed and can be obtained at the Main Gate or Main Office.
- Boats are not permitted in our lakes, including remote control boats.
- Please fish from banks only, no wade fishing. (See surf fishing laws on page 13 in our magazine.)
- Guests must clean up after their pets and are subject to a $100 fine if they do not. Doggie Doo bags are available for use throughout the campground. Please note all the Pet Policies below.
- No parking on beachfront overnight (beach side of street). Parking restrictions apply IN-SEASON on beachfront between 7 PM and 7 AM.
- All trailers (utility, motorcycle, boat, etc.) must be on your site or placed in short term storage for $5 per day. Contact our Main Office at (843) 238-5636 for more information.
- Annual Lease Sites: Camping in tents/motor homes is not permitted and camping equipment may not be hooked to power source.
- CAUTION – When digging at a site – remember we have shallow underground utilities.
- Families only please.
- Ocean Lakes requires insurance on any vendor/sub-contractor. Please contact Compliance at (843) 828-4853. After hours – call Security at the Main Gate at (843) 828-4847.
- Any guest playing loud music or with lewd language at sites or on golf cars (karaoke, stereos, amps, etc.) may be subject to $100 fine. Sandy’s Center Stage can be used for events – please check with the Recreation Office.
- Flags on golf cars (and vehicles) must not exceed 24″ x 24″. No whip antennas or extended post mounted flags are permitted.
- No fireworks are allowed to be discharged in the campground.
- No firearms are allowed in the campground.
- Please remember – water balloons, water guns, and marshmallow guns can be considered assault weapons by other guests.
- Laser pointers are not permitted anywhere in the campground.
- PLEASE SECURE YOUR VALUABLES (Bikes, scooters, skateboards, coolers, cars, etc.).
- Annual Lease Holders or guests are not permitted to sell any item anywhere in the park. Failure to comply with this policy may result in the removal of the guest and/or jeopardize the Annual Lease Holder’s site lease.
- Glass bottles and campfires are not allowed on the beach.
- CAUTION – When digging at site – remember we have underground utilities.
- Consumption of alcoholic beverages by adults over the age of 21 is permissible at your site only!
- All common areas are smoke free (including vaping).
- “For Sale” signs are not permitted, or any sign including phone numbers or web sites implying such.
- Main entrance gate is open 24 hours. 24-hour security patrol on-site.
- Watch Channel 5 (Digital 78.7) to keep up-to-date with Ocean Lake’s info and activities.