General Park Policies
We continue to monitor our guests’ comments and contemplate ways to improve their experience at Ocean Lakes.
Sadly, the biggest complaint we continue to receive is NOT about our campground or service. It is about the behavior of other guests. Please remember “young eyes” are watching and listening. Many guests have heralded the policy modifications that we have implemented during the last few years and we have seen guest behavior, and thus guest experiences, improve. We appreciate and value your feedback and hope you have a great vacation.
Consistently, we are receiving complaints about three issues where the few impact the many.
Please note you will be charged $100 after you are warned once for the following violations*:
- Loud, lewd or vulgar music on golf cars, while walking or at your site.
- Open containers on your golf car, or in your possession off your site.
- “Cruising” during Quiet Hours (11 PM – 7 AM) with no legitimate destination.
No Warnings for taking rental cars off property! No Warnings for underage or reckless driving!
Feel free to contact the Ocean Lakes Security team for more details or with any questions anytime at 843.828.4847.
- Drones are not permitted in the park for privacy and safety reasons.
- Flags must fit into a 2ft. x 2ft. size. They must not impede the vision of the driver.
- Aftermarket lighting is permitted on golf cars as long as it does not blink, pattern flash or strobe. The lights should NOT resemble emergency lighting.
We want to emphasize that QUIET HOURS are 11 PM to 7 AM.
Park Policies & Information
- Families only, please.
- Consumption of alcoholic beverages is permissible at your site only by adults 21 years of age and older!
- 10 mph speed limit throughout the campground – strictly enforced.
- No motorcycles and no 2 and 3 wheeled gas operated vehicles inside the campground under power. No motorcycle “Coasting” to site past authorized areas. Gas golf cars are not allowed. Electric scooters and electric mo-peds are permitted. Riders must obey all traffic rules.
- All visitors must register at the Main Office before entering the campground.
- A parking permit is required inside Ocean Lakes. All visitor passes are $8 per day, per vehicle. Please note: the overflow parking lot located outside the Main Gate (near the fountain) is closed.
- We want to emphasize that QUIET HOURS are 11 PM to 7 AM.
- Cruising on golf cars during quiet hours (11PM-7AM) is not permitted and subject to a $100 fine.*
- All bicycles, scooters and golf cars operated after dark must have light(s) turned on.
- Guests must clean up after their pets and are subject to a $100 fine* if they do not. Doggie Doo bags are available for use throughout the campground.
- No parking on beachfront overnight (beach side of street). Parking restrictions apply IN-SEASON on beachfront between 7 PM and 7 AM.
- All trailers (utility, motorcycle, boat, etc.) must be on your site or placed in short term storage for $5 per day. Contact our Main Office at 843.238.5636 for more information.
- Annual Lease Sites: Camping in tents/motor homes is not permitted and camping equipment may not be hooked to power source.
- CAUTION – When digging at a site! Remember we have shallow underground utilities.
- Ocean Lakes requires insurance on all vendors/sub-contractors. Please contact Compliance at 843.828.4853. After hours – call Security at the Main Gate at 843.828.4847.
- Please fish from banks only, no wade fishing. Crabbing and net fishing are not permitted in our lakes or swash.
- Boats are not permitted in our lakes, including remote control boats.
- No fireworks are allowed to be discharged in the campground.
- Please remember – water balloons, water guns, and marshmallow guns can be considered assault weapons by other guests.
- No firearms are allowed in the campground.
- Any guest playing loud music or with lewd language at sites or on golf cars (karaoke, stereos, amps, etc.) may be subject to $100 fine.*
- Sandy’s Center Stage can be used for events – please check with the Recreation Office.
- Drones are not permitted anywhere in the campground for privacy and safety reasons.
- PLEASE SECURE YOUR VALUABLES (Bikes, scooters, skateboards, coolers, cars, etc.)
- Laser pointers are not permitted anywhere in the campground.
- “For Sale” signs are not permitted, or any sign including phone numbers or web sites implying such, including political signs or other promotional signs.
- Annual Lease Holders and guests are not permitted to sell any item anywhere in the park. Failure to comply with this policy may result in the removal of the guest and/or jeopardize the Annual Lease Holder’s site lease.
- Glass bottles and campfires are not allowed on the beach.
- All common areas are smoke free (including vaping).
- Main entrance gate is open 24 hours. 24 hour security patrol on-site.
- Watch Channel 5 to keep up-to-date with Ocean Lakes info and activities.
* Once again, we understand some guests will not agree with our policies, but they most likely do not share our perspective, the liability, and the lack of respect our team (and many guests) have witnessed. Our ultimate objective is to make Ocean Lakes the most safe and enjoyable family-oriented vacation destination that we can be.