Golf Car Policies for Everyone:
- Driver must be at least 16 years old and possess a VALID driver's license in their possession to operate a golf car in Ocean Lakes (also SC Sate Law). You must be 21 years of age to sign a rental contract.
- Privately owned golf cars must be registered and have a valid registration sticker attached to the driver's side of the front of
the car. Proof of proper liability insurance must be shown with a minimum of $50,000 coverage in Personal Injury and Property Damage held on the golf car. There is a $25 charge for stickers annually.
- NO gas powered or motorized golf cars are permitted.
- Golf cars operating after sunset must have the light(s) turned on. Lights must be permanently attached and at least four inches in diameter.
- Golf cars must be operated properly and driven only on roadways. Golf cars are not to be driven across vacant or occupied campsites, the beach, or in other restricted areas.
- A maximum of 5 people can be on a golf car at any given time.
- Annual Lease Holders and transient campsite car owners are responsible for the operation of the golf car including any damages that result from operation.
- Annual Lease Holders must have 3" reflective site numbers on the front and back of their golf cars.
- Under NO circumstances can golf cars be rented to other sites or other guests as a separate transaction.
REMEMBER TO REGISTER AT THE GOLF CAR BUILDING
Golf car rental rates can be seen
here. Golf Car Policies: PDF | Word Document | v. December 2013